Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My All-Time Favorite Bay Area Nail Salon

Purchased

Photo Credit: The Salon at Whole Body website
While I'm the worst pedicurist ever (please don't let me cut my own toe nails!), I'm still rather finicky when it comes to letting others do the job. It's probably the control freak in me, but I've also had a few bad pedicures so I'm entitled to tread very carefully into an unknown salon.

After moving back to the Bay area last year, it took several attempts to find the right nail salon. But let me tell you...when I finally did, it was worth the wait. 

Interestingly enough, I found it at my local Whole Foods in Campbell, CA. Well...technically it was in the "body" area of the store. In some Whole Foods stores, "Whole Body" is in a corner or a couple of aisles tucked away from the foods area. But in my local store, it's an entire storefront. And in this particular location, there is a small nail salon right inside the store! 

As a "green" establishment, the Salon at Whole Body is an acetone- and carcinogen-free environment. Think fume free. All of their polishes are also rated “Four or Five-Free,” which means that they do not include at least four of the following toxins: formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, or camphor.

The Salon at Whole Body offers manicures and pedicures only, so don't expect gel or acrylics here. Personally, I prefer it that way as I don't typically get these services and I'd rather not breathe the extra junk!

For me, what sets this nail salon apart from others is the high level of service. Every time I go in, my nail technician does an amazing job with every step of the service. No calluses are left behind and every toe nail (and finger nail) is painted with precision. My feet feel (and look) so much better!

The salon's prices are also quite competitive with other salons in the area. A classic manicure is $21; a classic pedicure is $31. Express versions and more deluxe offerings are also available.

My understanding is that this is the only nail salon within the Whole Foods chain. So you may have to wait a while for one in your area. But if you live in or are traveling to the South Bay, treat yourself. Ah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...