Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easy on the (Under) Eyes Concealer

Purchased


Let's just get this fact right out in the open....finding the perfect concealer is nearly impossible. If you're lucky enough to find the right color, then the formula is usually wrong. Or, if you find the right texture and longevity for your skin type, then the color sucks. Right...?

For the past six months or so, I've been experimenting with oodles of concealers and under eye correctors. The leading contender (so far!) — RMS Beauty "un" cover-up (shade #11) — was an unexpected find that I ordered sight unseen. No testers or professional recommendations involved. I purchased it online on a whim to quality for free shipping. Seriously.

But what a find it is! "Un" cover-up has the most beautiful creamy texture that glides with ease under my eyes. I dab it on gently with my ring finger for best results. I've also tried several different brushes, but I don't like their effect. I think the product needs the warmth of your hands to provide better blendability.

Once on, it stays put all day without a dusting of finishing powder. Most creamy-based concealing products usually end up sliding down my cheek, caking, or even disappearing after a few hours of wear. However, un cover-up stays nicely in place to help hide my reddish purple allergy eyes.

And the color, shade 11, is spot on most days. It's a pale shade with a slight yellow cast. I find it works 90% of the time; however, I have been known to add a tiny drop of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla shade), which is tad more peachy/pink if my under eyes are super purple. The peach helps to neutralize the purple.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results. And, I'm thrilled that RMS Beauty products are formulated with raw, food grade and organic ingredients in their natural state, allowing their living, healing attributes to penetrate and rejuvenate the skin.

Purchase info: RMS Beauty "un" cover-up is available at select retailers and online for $36.00. The company currently offers five shades to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...