Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year, A New Sunscreen!

Store Sample


Hello January 2014...I've been waiting for you!

Believe it or not, I'm so ready for a new year. During my December blogging break, I did some serious editing of my makeup and skincare routines. I cleaned out the bathroom drawers and cosmetic bags, and got a makeover or two. I even contemplated chopping my curls. Gasp...

To stay on topic, one of my recent changes included trying a new facial sunscreen. You see I ditched my daytime moisturizer which included sunscreen, so I needed to add a sunscreen into my daily routine. Rather than over-think the process, I started with the store samples in my drawer including Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream. It is described as a feather-light daily cream sunscreen that utilizes advanced sun care technology to protect against dryness, oxidative pollutants, and UVA/UVB rays that cause photo-aging, spots, and wrinkles.

In the past, I've had great success with Shiseido sunscreens, but that was when my face was more on the combination side. Now, especially during the colder winter months, it is dry, dry, dry. So, I was a bit concerned that the product would make make my face even drier.

Well...I had nothing to worry about as Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream provided exceptional all-day moisture without being greasy. It sank in quickly over my moisturizer and was a perfect primer for my liquid foundation.

While I have not worn it to the beach or the snow, I can't comment on its level of sunscreen protection. However, I do know that the active sunscreen ingredients include:
  • Octinoxate 7.4%
  • Octocrylene 3.0%
  • Titanium Dioxide 1.7%
  • Zinc Oxide 19.3%
I appreciate that the product's percentage of zinc oxide is especially high as my sensitive skin tends to react well with it.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the product and will report back when I wear it on a warm sunny day!

Purchase info: Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream is available at Shiseido counters and online. It retails for $30.00 (1.7 oz tube).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...