Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Organic Hair Duo Dynamite

Purchased


I'm back! After a mini-blogging break, it's time to share some of my new fall favorites. Today I'm featuring an organic shampoo and conditioner that are AWESOME! As you know, I rarely review hair products. My curly hair is so finicky that I often pay the consequences for rotating a new product into my routine. But in September I really needed a product switchup as my old standbys were not working.

After reading numerous reviews, I ordered DermOrganic Daily Conditioning Shampoo and Intensive Hair Repair Masque. They are made by DermOrganic Laboratories, Inc., a company founded in 1995 with a singular goal: To offer hair and skin professionals superior performing products that avoid, as much as possible, the harsh and synthetic ingredients found in standard cosmetic products.

Here's my take on the two...

Daily Conditioning Shampoo
I'll be honest that the first couple of times I tried the shampoo I was not wooed. My hair felt dry and coarser than normal. But I stuck it out and rotated it with my regular shampoo until my regular one ran out. At this point, I was compelled to use Daily Conditioning Shampoo as I didn't have another shampoo in my shower. About two weeks in, my hair looked and felt amazing. Even my scalp seemed healthier. I don't know why it suddenly started working for me, but I'm not going to jinx it. Overall, I'm quite pleased.

Intensive Hair Repair Masque
Unlike the shampoo, the conditioner was an immediate love! While this product is not necessarily designed to be a daily conditioner, I've been using it exclusively as such for the last two months. It's super rich and thick and it allows me to thoroughly saturate my hair from roots to tips without wasting (dripping) any product. Because it is a thicker consistency, I only need about a quarter-size dollop. I leave it on for about 5 minutes as I finish up my shower routine. After I rinse it out, my hair is revived. I've even been able to significantly reduce the amount of leave-in conditioner and gel as it really doesn't need more products. So far...no product buildup, either. Yay!

Purchase info: DermOrganic hair products are available at select retailers and online. Prices start at $5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...