Thursday, August 22, 2013

An Olive Sparkling Pencil Eye Liner That Won't Budge

Store Sample

Years ago I simply gave up on eye liner pencils. Between my watery eyes and contacts, I just couldn't keep this formula intact without major product transfer to my under-eye area. Instead, I relied on powder-based liner products that gave me the long-wear benefit I couldn't find in pencils.

Fast forward to about a month ago when I received Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (shade Moray) as part of my Beauty.com gift with purchase. Not only did I receive a full-sized product (not a mini sample), but it was in a lovely olive sparkle hue. It's about the same color as my hazel eyes. They lean more towards brown, but often morph into khaki green beasts depending on what I wear.

Here are my thoughts...this highly pigmented, waterproof eye liner is is housed in a propel-up pencil that never needs sharpening. Just twist to dispense more product. I like that benefit, but I wonder if it will lose it's pointed tip over time. Hmm...

I paired the eye liner with a light shimmery plum shadow and wow did my eyes pop. Quite honestly, I didn't give it much thought and went on my way. But let me tell you that Smudge Stick Eye Liner did not budge all day. No siree bob. It was plastered to my eyelids until I removed it 12+ hours later. Sold...even though it was free to me.

Purchase info: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner is available at most beauty outlets and online. It retails for $20.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...