Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Your All-Day-In-The-Sun Lip Balm

Purchased

It's hard to get excited about lip balms. We can find them at just about every grocery store, mass retailer, and specialty skin care boutique on the planet. But let's be honest here, it's rare to discover one with 30 SPF+ or higher that you want to wear. I still shudder thinking about the old zinc oxide of my youth that coated our lips with a nasty white goo. Yuck!

Thankfully I've discovered BurnOut Ocean Tested Lip Balm SPF 32 (Mango Flavor), and this one will change your perspective on using a zinc oxide product on your lips. Unlike others on the market, BurnOut lip balms go on clear and provide you with UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection. They're also water-resistant, so you don't have to apply as frequently if you're in the pool, ocean, or lake. And that mango scent makes me feel like I'm on a tropical vacation. Yes, please!

When applied, BurnOut Lip Balm (Mango Flavor) is a buttery treat to the lips. I would definitely say that its consistency is more creamy than waxy, if that makes sense. Normally I prefer waxier balms since they seem to last longer on my lips and require less frequent re-application. But this one seems to stay put through several hours of wear, so I'm not constantly having to reapply.

I also appreciate that BurnOut's products are chemical-free, petroleum-free, paraben-free, PABA-free, ocean safe, eco-sensitive, and hypoallergenic. In other words...they're not going to harm you or the environment. And at less than 5 bucks a pop, they aren't going to break the bank either.

Purchase info: BurnOut Zinc Oxide Lip Balms are available at Whole Foods and other select retailers. Each balm retails for approximately $3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...