Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Daily Sunscreen You'll Want to Wear: Josie Maran Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+

Purchased

Like taking a multivitamin, applying a facial sunscreen on a daily basis is more of a "should do" than a "want to" step in most beauty routines. I blame this rationale on those poorly formulated products that we remember from our childhood and teen years. Those that wreaked of chemicals, left an unflattering white cast, or triggered acne or other skin issues.

Well folks...facial sunscreens have come a long way in the last 15 years. If you've been on the fence about incorporating them into your routine, you need to revisit the sunscreen aisle. There are so many options for all skin types, including those of us with sensitive skin. There is no excuse to skip this important step.

One of my favorites that I purchased last month is Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 Lotion. As the name applies, it is a light daily moisturizer with SPF 40. It's perfect for around town wear.

5 Reasons I'm Hooked (in no particular order)

  1. It doubles as my moisturizer. This summer I'm finding Argan Daily Moisturizer is hydrating enough that I can skip my regular moisturizer during the day. All it takes is two pumps from my 2 oz bottle to cover my entire face. I'll do another pump for my neck and décolleté.
  2. The smell is tutti frutti, not sunscreeny. I'm very scent driven. This product smells so yummy that I look forward to reaching for it every day.
  3. It plays nicely with my makeup. Ever have your makeup slide off your face or ball up after applying sunscreen? With Argan Daily Moisturizer, you'll not have to worry. I find that this product doubles as a makeup primer and my makeup actually lasts longer when I wear it. With that said, I do recommend that you give it 5 minutes or so to sink into your skin before applying your facial makeup. I'll typically do my eyes while I wait for it to absorb.
  4. There is no lingering white cast. Don't be deceived by the initial whiteness when you first dot it on your skin. As soon as you rub it in, the white color will disappear. It's the product's way of telling you that you have applied it evenly.
  5. It's an all-physical sunscreen formula. It took me years to discover that I'm super sensitive to several active sunscreen ingredients (avobenzone and oxybenzone). Both of these are "chemical" sunscreen ingredients. I have much better luck with physical sunscreens such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
One big caveat...this daily sunscreen is not intended for extended sun exposure. If you're headed out to the beach or will be under the sun all day long, you need a product with higher SPF and longer water resistance. My favorite is Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion for Face & Body SPF 60 PA+++. And don't forget to reapply frequently!

Purchase info: Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40 Lotion is available at Sephora and online. Prices start at $14.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...