Monday, July 15, 2013

One for the Disappointment Files: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick (Golden Pink)

Purchased

Last month I was on the quest to find a cream-based shimmer eyeshadow in a golden peach hue as I often add a pop of shimmer to my eyelids when I want a little extra summer glow. I had originally looked at Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadows (the ones in the small pots) since I liked their formula and longevity. But I couldn't find the right shade and texture. They were either matte or super duper frosty. I prefer a bit of metallic sparkle, but nothing over the top.

At the makeup artist's suggestion, I took a chance on Bobbi's newer Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick (Golden Pink shade), which offers a do-it-all cream formula that can be used to shade, define, smoke up and highlight eyes. According to the product directions, all you do is just swipe on and go. Well...not so fast.

When I first swiped it across my lid, most of the shimmer took a nose dive to my upper cheek. So I adjusted my technique and applied the product to the back of my hand. From here I used a brush to apply lightly to my lid. While I didn't get the same amount of fall out as before, the product did not blend very easily. I felt I was tugging on my lid to get an even application. It just looked half applied. And it wore like it was half applied. In several hours, the product had faded in random spots. Not pretty!

I've officially given up now and tossed it to the disappointment files. What about you? Have you tried Long-Wear Shadow Sticks with great success? Drop me a line and share your story...

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks are available in 10 shades and retail for $28.00 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...