Monday, July 8, 2013

My Summer Silicone-Free Shot of Moisture: Giovanni 2chic Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion

Purchased

During warm summer days, my long curly hair is frazzled. I swear it's shouting out to me, "Give me a drink NOW." I blame its nasty attitude on being recently transplanted from the coast to a drier inland climate. So sorry my friend!

One way I've minimized my hair's dryness is with a drop or two (no more!) of Giovanni 2chic Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion. This uber-nourishing potion is a powerful combination of grape seed oil, macadamia oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, shea butter, and hydrolyzed paullinia cupana (Brazilian cocoa) keratin extract (phyto-keratin), which is designed to:
  • Weightlessly banish frizz
  • Defend against styling heat & control split ends
  • Detangle & prevent breakage
For best results, I've been applying the product after I've worked in my other products. Here's the routine I use after shampooing and conditioning.

First, I apply my leave-in conditioner and then scrunch in a light gel while my hair is sopping wet. Next, I'll wrap it up in a microfiber towel for 10-15 minutes. Once I take off the towel I'll pump a very small drop or two of Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion into my palms and apply it from the middle of my crown down to the ends. I try to avoid the roots since I don't want to make this area greasy. I then twist up my hair into a loose bun and go to bed with it wet. By morning, it's nearly dry and I'll undo the bun. My ringlets are frizz free and nourished with a healthy shot of moisture sans silicones.

Purchase info: Giovanni 2chic Ultra-Sleek Hair & Body Super Potion is available at select mass retailers and health food stores. Consult the company's web site for a list of retailers. I purchased mine at Pharmaca, which was not on the list. It retails for $7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...