Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'll Take a Scoop of Greek Yogurt With That Sleeping Cream

Store Sample

I'm totally addicted to eating Greek yogurt for breakfast. Once I discovered it on vacation, I said "bye bye" to the regular type and there has been no looking back. It's now my morning staple along with berries and espresso.

But did you know that Greek yogurt is also working its way into our beauty products? It's a common Greek remedy for skin soothing, as well as providing a natural source of proteins, minerals, and vitamins to instantly nourish stressed, dry skin.

I've recently discovered Greek yogurt in several items from Korres, including the company's Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial that I received as a store sample. The product is described by the company as "...a weightless soufflé powered by super-charged proteins that melts into skin and works overnight for intense, immediate moisturization." While it is designed for dry or stressed out skin, it does seem light enough for combination or even oily skin that may be dehydrated.

Even though it's difficult to categorize this item (is it a facial mask or moisturizer?), Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial works some kind of moisturizing miracle overnight. I'll apply before bed time and wake up with super soft skin in the morning. Even those annoying dry patches around my chin disappear.

It was also a super skin soother after getting too much sun one afternoon. Yep...I missed a few spots with my sunscreen and was left with a minor sunburn. I applied Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial that evening and by morning all redness and irritation were gone.

I don't think the product is intended for daily use although the product directions indicate that it is gentle enough to be used every day. Rather, I'd suggest incorporating into your routine several nights a week especially if you a need a boost of intense moisture.

Purchase info: Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial is available at Sephora for $45.00 (1.35 oz).

2 comments:

  1. I love this product! I use it once a week as a night cream and my skin is super soft and glowy when I wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog faithfully and have been a follower for years. Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...