Monday, May 20, 2013

May 2013 Edition: 5 Favorites of the Season

Purchased


This beauty blogger has not fallen off the face of the earth. I promise. Due to moving twice in two months and an abundance of freelance marketing projects, I've fallen SO far behind with my posting. But I'm back now with a few mini reviews for late spring. These new and new-to-me items have rocked my world this month. Let's take a peek together...
  1. Kiehl's Skin Rescuer: In one word...godsend. I found this skincare product nearly three weeks ago and oh how my sensitive face has thanked me for it. This serum/light moisturizer provides a "shield" around my face and helps promotes recovery from skin fatigue, de-hydration, blotchiness and redness. I've been wearing it under my moisturizer and my face has never looked or felt better.
  2. Guerlain Terracotta Four Seasons Bronzer in 00 Nude: This is the most natural looking bronzer for us pasty pale faces. And the color stays all day! Better yet, the two pinker shades double as blush so you really get multiple products for the price of one. Score!
  3. Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protection in Light: A tinted moisturizer that is both tinted and moisturizing with an SPF 43. I've honestly struggled to find a decent product in this category. I either find something tinted, but offering no moisture or vice versa. This product provides both all day long. Add a tad of concealer and you can easily ditch your daytime foundation...seriously.
  4. Weleda Everon Lip Balm: Here is a luxurious, yet affordable, treat for dry lips. The balm is packed with jojoba oil, beeswax, rose flower wax, shea butter to soothe and protect your lips. It even wears well underneath my lip stick. The only downside is zero SPF.
  5. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light: Finally a creamy under-eye concealer that "corrects" my dark circles and doesn't slip down my face. The skin under my eyes is always purple due to my allergies. But I struggle to find the right concealer color and hydrating formula. I need something on the pink/peach side of things, but most lighter toned concealers are in the ivory or vanilla range with yellow undertones. Yellow is great for correcting redness, but not so great for correcting purple hues. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless in Light is made for me. However, I think there are a bunch of us out there with the same issue as my local Sephora can't keep this shade in stock. Thankfully, I'm still working through the generous sample provided by a store associate. 
What about you? Any fabulous spring finds? Drop me a line and share your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...