Thursday, January 17, 2013

An Oil or Two for 24-Hour Hydration and Healing

My initial thought about using an oil in my skin care routine...heck no! Why would I want to create a grease pit and clog my pores? But I'm relearning my ways and ditching my "oil-free" motto on select skin care items this winter. And interestingly enough, my skin is more balanced and less prone to dryness and oiliness. Here's are the two oils that I'm enjoying right now:

ila Face Oil

Last summer I was introduced to this facial oil by a sales associate at one of my favorite skin care boutiques. ila Face Oil is described as anti-aging facial oil, rich in Damascena rose otto that brings a glowing radiance and energy to your face. I was skeptical, but I took home a store sample. A season later I discovered the sample in the back of my drawer and tried several drops under my moisturizer before I went to bed.

First, it's truly an aromatherapy gem. The rose oil is unlike anything else I've ever smelled. It's soothing and addicting. And that's coming from a person who usually dislikes anything rose scented. I get that luxurious spa feeling every time I use the product oil. Ah...

Second, the combination argan oil, rosehip seed oil, sandalwood, rose otto oil, and vitamin e oil is spot on for all-day use. All it takes is 3 or 4 drops underneath my regular moisturizer to keep my skin super hydrated and calm. It's been especially helpful during the past week or so as I've been running my heater non-stop and dealing with unseasonably cool temps here in Southern California. On the super cool mornings, I've also been using ila Face Oil during the day underneath my moisturizer/sunscreen combo to boost my moisture levels.

Third, I like that I don't have to ditch my favorite moisturizers when I need an extra blast of hydration. Instead, I can simply add the oil on the days when I need it. This extends my regular products without having to switch everything for a couple of week or even a season when my skin needs something more.

Purchase info: ila Face Oil is available online at Nubo Nau. It retails for $99.00 (1oz bottle).

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse/Multi-Usage Dry Oil

I received a small sample of this popular dry oil on my last trip to France. I completely forgot I had it until I cleaned out my travel bag! Huile Prodigieuse is a blend of six different essential oils, including sweet almond, camellia, hazelnut, and macadamia. It hydrates skin and gives it a good dose of healing vitamin E. It is super versatile, too — use it on your body, face, and hair.

Since I was already using ila Face Oil on my face, I decided to try Huile Prodigieuse on my cuticles and hands. I'm constantly washing my hands and they need a little more lovin' this time of the year.

I massaged in several drops of this dry oil before I applied my regular hand cream. After using it for several nights, I realized how much better my hands felt and looked. So...I started using Huile Prodigieuse in the AM, as well.

Another trick...after applying to hands I'll massage in any excess to my hair. This is the perfect amount so that I reap the benefits of extra moisture without weighing my locks down.

Purchase info: Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is available at select skin care boutiques and Birchbox. It retails for $29.00 (50 ml bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...