Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Constrasting, Good-for-You, Holiday Red Lippies

Thanks to my neutral complexion I'm often fickle with my shade preferences. Sometimes I like my colors warm; other times I tend to favor cooler hues. This is especially evident in my recent choices of new red lippies. A girl needs a handful of holiday reds!

Here are new two new favorites that I'm wearing this season. Both red lippies wear extremely well, are super nourishing, and without those harmful ingredients that are often found in most lip products, including parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, etc.

My Favorite Warm Red

When I'm wearing orangish red shades (or just plain ol' orange), I'll choose Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Apricot. This warm red delivers an immediate punch of color, so I apply very sparingly. Just a quick swipe across the lips, and it will last for hours. It holds its own for at least 5 hours. For best results, I apply a light layer of Bite's Line & Define Lip Primer to prep my lips and help prevent any bleeding.
Available at Sephora for $24.00.

My Favorite Cool Red

For those days when I need a more traditional (cooler) holiday red, I prefer ILIA Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Bang Bang. It feels more like a lip gloss than a lipstick. But don't let that deceive you. The color intensifies once it warms up on your lips. Give it a minute or two and this red lippie will pop out of nowhere. Simply beautiful! It also lasts for at least 3 hours before you need to reapply.
Available at ILIA Beauty for $24.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...