Monday, October 1, 2012

My Favorite Body Product for Eliminating Ingrown Hair: CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion

I HATE ingrown hair! It doesn't matter if I use a brand new razor with shaving cream and exfoliate consistently, I still get those nasty little buggers on my legs and other annoying places. What's a girl to do....?

Luckily, I stumbled upon CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion and found my solution. At a recent visit to my dermatogolist, she gave me a sample of SA Renewing Lotion. She told me that it contained salicylic acid, which is great for combating those little bumps on the back of my arms. However, I also discovered that the lotion worked well on ingrown hair if I applied it immediately after shaving. I then rotated SA Renewing Lotion with my regular body lotion on the days when I didn't shave. After two or three weeks of continual use, my ingrown hairs completely disappeared.

Why did it work? Through research, I learned that ingrown hair results when the shaved hair gets trapped inside the follicle or grows back into the skin. One of the ways to minimize the problem is by using products with salicylic acid since it can exfoliate the skin, disinfect any infections and soften the hair. And this combination can help prevent future razor bumps.

Purchase info: CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion is available at most drugs stores and mass retailers, although CVS was the only store where I could find it. The lotion retails for approximately $15.99 (8 oz bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...