Monday, October 29, 2012

A Sheer Foundation That Lasts All Day: Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation

I've been fortunate that my daily, go-to foundation, Chanel VITALUMIÈRE AQUA, hasn't let me down for more than 18 months. Honestly...that's a record for me as my skin is always changing and I'm forced to explore new products.

But in the past month or so, I've been finding that the color and formula (B10, Beige Pastel) aren't dead on anymore. My skin seems drier and not as yellow in hue and I can see my foundation on my skin. That's the telltale sign that it's time to move on!

In my quest for a new liquid foundation, I wanted to find something comparable in consistency to VITALUMIÈRE AQUA that lasted all day. It needed to be a light coverage formula, but build-able if I needed a bit more coverage in certain areas. I also wanted the product to be oil-free, which always works best for  me.

After looking at several options, I returned to Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation. I've tried it on and off for the past three years, but it never seemed quite right. In the past, I found that I was between shades and I couldn't get a flawless application. At a recent Trish event, a makeup artist chose shade 2, which is similar to Chanel B10 but has a bit more peach undertones. Not pink, but peach. The color was identical to my own skin and didn't oxidize on my skin.

The trick was in Even Skin's application. I tried using my fingers (what I do with VITALUMIÈRE AQUA) or a flat foundation brush. Both methods gave me streaks. Instead, I had better luck with a sponge or my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush where I could use a stippling method. No streaks now! And, the product did not transfer once applied. It stayed put.

My skin reacted well to Even Skin throughout the day. In fact, I think it looked even better after several hours on my skin. It blended together with a light, satin finish. Even my blush and bronzer stayed intact longer once I made the switch to Even Skin.

For a little extra oomph, I've used Even Skin with a few drops of Trish's Beauty Booster Serum. This combo refreshes my skin when I've had few hours of sleep or wanted a boost of hydration.

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation is available in five shades and local Trish counters and online. It retails for $58.00 (1 oz bottle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...