Thursday, October 4, 2012

A New Must-Have Conditioner for Thirsty Hair: Davines Nourishing Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! That's my motto for determining when to experiment with new hair products. As much as I love reviewing new items, my curly, wurly hair doesn't like change. So...it takes a bit of convincing for me to try something new.

But lately my hair seems parched and lacking its normal shine despite the warmer, more humid temps. And as fate would have it, I happened to walk into a boutique/hair salon near my house and conditioner samples were immediately dropped in my hand. Well...OK, the nice sales associate asked if I wanted to try something from the Davines.

I've heard about this Italian-based company, but I didn't know anything about Davines hair products. To my surprise, they offer a very diverse line of hair care products with emphasis on innovation and a passionate concern for the environment.

NATURALTECH Nourishing Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner was the sample that truly caught my eye. Yes, I'm a sucker with anything described as "miracle," but more importance I chose it because the ingredient list was minimal. And...no silicones were present! I find prolonged exposure to silicones sucks the life right out of my locks.

Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner is part of Davines' NATURALTECH line, which offers curative solutions that use natural food ingredients. At first glance, it seems more like a deep conditioner since it has a thicker consistency. However, I've been using it after every shampoo without any issues. It definitely sinks right in and doesn't make my hair look oily or over-conditioned. But it might be too rich if you have fine, thin hair. If in doubt, start with no more than a quarter-size dollop.

After my first use of Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner, my thirsty locks perked right up. It's just like I gave them an extra drink of water! And when I took a glance in my car mirror, the shine was back. It almost looked like I had applied a high gloss hair glaze.

The only issue I've found is the product's over-the-top floral scent. I find it doesn't dissipate until my hair is completely dry. And since I air dry my hair overnight, the scent starts to bother me after awhile. Thankfully it backs down after my hair is dry, but I can still get a faint whiff or two.

Purchase info: Davines NATURALTECH Vegetarian Miracle Conditioner is available at select hair salons. It retails for approximately $30.00 (8.8 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...