Sunday, September 23, 2012

My New Fall Fragrance: Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown

Welcome to the second official day of fall 2012! It's a little hard for me to believe that the seasons are changing here in my neck of the woods as the temps and humidity are high and there isn't a tree in sight displaying autumnal colors. But a girl can dream...right?

One of the ways I'm preparing for the season change (at least mentally) is swapping my summery fragrance for something with warmer notes. My latest fall fragrance find is Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown. While this fragrance has been around since 2005, it's the first time that I got my hands on this baby!

If you're not familiar with the fragrance house Bond No. 9 New York, you're in for a treat. The company located at 9 Bond Street in NoHo (NYC) creates high-end fragrances to mark every New York neighborhood with a scent of its own. Each fragrance represents a specific downtown, midtown, or uptown locale or a city-wide sensibility. You must stop by their flagship store for a whiff or two!

Anyways...Chinatown offers a combination of notes that remind me of fall — peach blossoms, gardenia, tuberose, patchouli, and cardamom. It the first few minutes it smells rather peachy with some floral undertones. But don't let that fool you. I find that if you wait 20 minutes or so, the warm cardamon and patchouli will kick in with the other notes so that it turns more gourmand. I distinctly smell warm vanilla, spices, and cedarwood. It's crazy how it morphs into something completely unexpected. Honestly...when I first smelled Chinatown in the bottle I wasn't wooed. But once it was spritzed on my skin and dried down, I loved it. Another reason to try on fragrances before forming your opinion.

While Chinatown is on the higher end of the price spectrum, you can always for samples. It's a safe bet if you're on the fence and prefer to try before you buy.

Purchase info: Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown is available at Bond No. 9 stores, counters (select Saks, Nordstrom, and other retailers), and online. Prices start at $95.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...