Thursday, July 12, 2012

Is There BENGAY in My Hand Cream?

I'm back on the hand cream kick. The day before leaving for vacation, I purchased a purse-sized version of Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. I wanted something bigger than a 1 ounce sample, but small enough to meet the 3.4 oz air travel carry-on rule. I've heard good feedback about this Kiehl's product, so I purchased it without trying first. Well...let's just say that was my first mistake!

The immediate turnoff was its heavy eucalyptus scent. It reminded me of BENGAY — not exactly the scent I want be known for. While I do like most minty, fresh scents, this one consistently bothered my nose. I guess I've just become super sensitive to scented lotions. Thankfully its strong scent dissipated after several minutes.

The other problem that I had with Ultimate Strength Hand Salve was it required continual application to protect my hands. I'm a frequent hand washer especially while traveling. I felt like the product literally went down the drain each time I washed my hands. In less than a week, I'd nearly finished off the 2.5 oz side tube. For me this is a deal breaker!

Now...I did appreciate that the product sank in quickly and didn't leave a sticky residue on my hands. It seemed to offer just the right amount of moisture level. But I had to apply frequently to keep this balance.

Purchase info: Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is available at Kiehl's counters, stores, and online. Prices start at $14.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...