Friday, June 15, 2012

My Post-Vacation Face Reviver: Kate Somerville Clinic-To-Go

There are days when my face shows its true ago. Several weeks ago I got sick on vacation and when I got home my face was a mess...peely, bumpy, and tired. Not pretty! I had recently depleted my trusty REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask and needed another miracle worker from my arsenal of products to reverse the negative effects.

Deep into the beauty drawer I discovered 6 sample packs of Kate Somerville's Clinic-To-Go. These one-time use resurfacing peel pads are loaded with alpha hydroxy acids, lactic acid, myrtle, and sage leaf extracts. This combination of ingredients is designed to reveal rejuvenated skin when used twice a week.

To use, you simply remove the wrapped pad from its sleeve and peel off the seal. Gently buff on to clean, dry skin, using circular motions. Leave on for up to two minutes. Rinse or wipe off with warm water and gently pat dry. I then proceed with my moisturizer, eye cream, and sunscreen (if using during the day). Done!

After the first use, my face perked up and the dull skin was gently sloughed off. And an extra benefit was that my makeup applied more evenly thanks to a clean canvas! I tried again in another four days and experienced the same reviving effects. I've now used four of the six pads and I'm quite pleased with the temporarily effects. Yes, the effects are temporarily. You're not going to reverse your wrinkles or deep scars with these pads, but you will get a brighter and smoother complexion.

But are they gentle? I hesitated initially since I was concerned that the peel pads would be too harsh. But I was pleasantly surprised that they were quite gentle on my sensitive skin. I did not experience any tingling, redness, or peeling.

I'll be finishing up the remaining two sample pads and will seriously consider repurchasing.

Purchase info: Kate Somerville Clinic-To-Go is available at Kate counters, Sephora, and online. They retail for $48.00 (16 pads).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...