Monday, June 18, 2012

Another Eye Makeup Remover Vacation Find: Klorane Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm really into trying different makeup removers and cleansers. My trip to France last year kicked off this product fix and I can't seem to kick it. It's partially due to the fact that just when I find a winner, I can't seem to easily find the product here in the U.S. when I run out. Sigh...

While on vacation this year in Chicago, I had forgotten to bring makeup remover. I've been experimenting with wing-style eyeliner techniques and I'm prone to boo-boos. Plus, I never like leaving any trace of eye makeup after I've cleansed. After all, my sensitive eyes lids and under eye skin need a breather from midnight to 6 AM, or, I pay the price.

As with most vacations, I like exploring the local drugstores and specialty skincare boutiques. After reading a recommendation from a Chicagoan, I ended up in the downtown Walgreens at State and Randolph. Now don't roll your eyeballs...this is not your regular Walgreens. It's like a European drugstore with quite an assortment of brands you typically don't find in the States. You can also get your nails done. Did I also mention that this flagship Walgreens offers a large food section with hand-rolled sushi, frozen yogurt, premium coffee, and more? OK, back on topic...

So...I asked one of the sales associates for product recommendations for eye makeup removers. Her first recommendation was for Klorane Soothing Eye Make-up Remover. I'm familiar with Klorane's hair products, but I didn't know that this French company had a skincare line.

Soothing Eye Make-up Remover is is formulated with gentle, non-irritating ingredients and boasts a pH identical to tears. According to the company, it thoroughly removes all traces of eye makeup, while cornflower extract decongests, leaving the eye area cleansed and fresh. I found that it removed every trace of makeup in one or two passes with a cotton round. It wasn't greasy so I didn't need to rinse; however, I always do since I don't want anything to get near my contacts.

The extra benefit is that after several weeks of use my eyelashes, lids, and under-eye area are now incredibly soft. In fact, my lashes look like I've given them a healthy deep conditioning treatment! This remover has quickly scaled to the top of my must-have list and is about to edge out my favorite — Bioderma Crealine H2O Miscellar Solution — since I think it may be easier to find.

One important note...if you are prone to fragrance sensitivity, you may want to test this remover before buying. There's definitely a bit of light floral notes to it, although it's not over the top and the scent quickly dissipates.

Purchase info: Klorane Soothing Eye Make-up Remover is available at the Walgreens mentioned above and such online retailers as DermStore, Drugstore.com, etc. The product retails for $16.00 (6.7 oz).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...