Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Three for the Disappointment Files: May 2012 Edition

This month I'm reporting back on three high-end products that didn't work out for me. All three were launched this spring, so they're fairly new to the marketplace. Of course, my unfavorable experiences are purely subjective based on my complexion, skin type, age, etc. You may have a completely different outcome!
  1. Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder: Over the years I've fallen for several of Bobbi's Shimmer Bricks. In theory, they should be great complexion enhancers. However, most end up looking like glitter bombs on me. And yes, I've experimented with different brushes and application tricks, but still no luck. On the other end of the spectrum is The Brightening Finishing Powder, which I thought would be a winner. However, when added to my fair complexion, it did absolutely nothing. No glitter, no brightening, nothing. To be fair, I did see a bit of brownish color in places, but that was it. I really don't understand the purpose of the product. Perhaps, it might show up on darker complexions.
  2. NARS Makeup Removing Water: I've been quite addicted to miscellar water-based products, especially for removing eye makeup. My pet peeve is that the good ones are difficult to find in the U.S. So, I thought NARS was solving my issue. But...the company's formula is off a bit. It doesn't remove all my eye makeup, and I experienced some bumpy irritation near my lash line. When I switched back to one of my other miscellar products the problems went away. Again, this could be just me, but I'm giving you a heads up just in case.
  3. Chanel VITALUMIERE AQUA Fresh & Hydrating Cream Compact Makeup SPF 15: Oh how I thought this one would be holy grail. Last year I had purchased the newly released liquid version, and it was a huge hit for me. Unfortunately, this foundation didn't work out. The color was spot on (B10 for your reference), but the formula wasn't a good fit for me. It applied like a dream, but I found its coverage to fade unevenly on my face. In some spots, it even looked cakey while other were flakey. I tried with and without powder and still got the same results. Since I'm not oily or extremely dry, I'm not sure which type of complexion it would work best on. In the past, I haven't had the best luck with compact formulas, so I guess I should avoided. Sigh...
What about you? Any disappointment items this month? Drop me a line and share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...