Monday, March 5, 2012

A Sweet, Clean Sweep: Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion

When it comes to my facial cleanser, I usually don't mess with it unless it's broken. I find that introducing a new cleanser is typically the culprit of my newly irritated skin, mysterious breakouts, or immediate dry or oily shifts. And while I can experiment and try other types of skin care and makeup products, this one is dangerous territory.

Yet...I do take risks now and again. Most recently, I introduced Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion into my evening skin care routine. Why? I felt that my current cleanser was exfoliating a bit too much and I wanted to find something more gentle, but would still effectively remove my makeup. However, I wasn't committed to two separate cleaning steps.

Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion is a creamy, fragrance-free facial treatment with organic ingredients that gently cleanses and protects your skin. I've been applying it to dry skin (with my fingers) and then massaging it over my entire face to gently lift my makeup. Next, I'll dampen my fingers with warm water and repeat this process. I'll then use warm water and a wash cloth to remove the cleanser and any remaining makeup residue. Follow with a couple more splashes of water, and I'm done.

I'm finding that my skin feels uber clean, but not stripped thanks to the cleanser's key ingredient — sweet almond oil. It ensures a careful balance that doesn't compromise my skin's natural moisture barrier and throw everything off kilter. Sweet!

Purchase info: Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion is available at Whole Foods, Target, select health food stores, as well as online. It retails for $19.00 (2.5 oz tube).

1 comment:

  1. I use this Weleda products and trust it. This is a excellent natural skin care product. I think it can enough to understand for the product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...