Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Perfect Layer of Protection & All-Day Coverage: NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

For years, I've looked down on tinted moisturizers. I find that most aren't moisturizing and getting the right color match is near impossible for my complexion. And, don't get me started about coverage and adequate sun protection. Honestly, just wear a separate moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation, and call it good!

Well...I'm changing my ways. Earlier in March, I received a store sample of NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (in shade Finland). This is a newly released product in an advanced, oil-free formula with SPF 30. According to the the company, Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks.

On the first application, I immediately felt like I was applying a light, hydrating lotion nearly identical in hue and coverage to my current favorite foundation — Chanel VITALUMIÈRE AQUA (shade B10). It's a light beige color with a neutral balance of both pink and yellow undertones. Perfect for my fair, neutral-toned skin.

Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer applied very evenly with no streaks and light coverage to hide my surface redness and a few spots. At the time, I was experiencing a cluster of breakouts on my chin and it covered them easily, while providing all-day soothing relief. Most foundations tend to dry out acne areas and bring more attention to the area.

The product wears extremely well, hydrates all day, and may even outperform the longevity of my Chanel. I can apply in the early morning and Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer stays on all day. Of course, it's been cool this month so I haven't tried it in humid or warm weather.

Throughout the month, I've been experimenting with my application and find that it works best with either a sponge or foundation brush. Fingers are OK, too, if you want a very light veil. However, I need several layers of coverage in key spots (around my nose and chin), so I rely on a brush. Right now I'm still pairing it with my regular moisturizer, although this may change according to the weather. At least I don't have to bother with a separate sunscreen.

One important observation — if you are super fair (lighter than NC15/NW15 in MAC's foundation colors), this product will not work since the lightest shade will be too dark for you. But for the rest of us, there are 9 shades to choose from.

Purchase info: Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is available at NARS counters, Sephora, and online. It retails for $42.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...