Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 7: Lip Love - Splurge on the Unexpected

Because today's post is the last one in our Lip Love series, I thought I'd conclude with the splurge. This is the lip item that is completely unplanned for, out of your "normal" realm in color, texture or brand, and probably not the cheapest product at the makeup counter. Perhaps, it's a limited edition shade that may be unavailable the next time you return, so you go for it!

Day 7...Splurge on the Unexpected!
My most recent lippie splurge was made online. I took a risk on a new-to-me formula and brand — Chantecaille Lip Chic in Capucine. While I've used Chantecaille products before, I've never tried one of their lipsticks. But I wanted to qualify for free shipping, so I took a big chance on an untested product and SCORED!

If you haven't tried a Lip Chic, you're in for an awesome ride. It's a revolutionary hybrid product that combines the rich, even coverage of a lipstick with the high-shine and plumping effects of a gloss. It feels so amazing on the lips that you forget it's a really a lipstick. To date, it's probably the most luxurious lipstick formula that I've tried.

And, Capucine is a beautiful color to start your Lip Chic journey with. It's a bold coral shade that leans strongly into the orange hues, but it doesn't scream ORANGE. For me, it's a very wearable shade that complements my everyday look regardless of the season.

Yes, I'm totally head over heels in love with this one!

Purchase info: Chantecaille Lip Chics are available at Chantecaille counters and online. Each retails for $33.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...