Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 6: Lip Love - Sneak Past TSA with an All-Over Lip Pencil

Here's to day 6 of our Lip Love series! Today's post was inspired by a recent trip where I had to bag and submit my 8 (yes, 8) lip products to the TSA folks before I could board my flight. (Remember, we still need to put all liquid, gel, and cream-based products in a single quart-size Ziplock bag before passing through airport security!) If only there was another way...

Day 6...Sneak Past Security with an All-Over Lip Pencil!
The good news — there is a "solid" workaround. Choose a jumbo lip pencil instead of a lipstick! I learned this trick from a frequent flyer friend who scrutinizes every inch of her baggie and finds creative alternatives for her favorite liquid products. Because it's a pencil, it can stay in your purse or makeup bag as you pass through security.

To clarify, I'm not talking about a lip liner pencil, but rather a jumbo-sized lip pencil that offers the convenience of a lipstick in pencil form. My favorites for this task are NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. They provide a long-wearing, pigmented punch of color that isn't drying. I find their texture to be super creamy and emollient.

For a versatile day-to-evening option, I like Dolce Vita shade. It's a dusty rose that works beautifully for most complexions. If you want to take it up a notch in color, choose something bolder such as Pop Life (a shimmering red) that I reviewed last fall.

Now if you are a gloss girl, there is an option for you, too. NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils offer a moisture-rich formula that will rival your favorite gloss!

Purchase info: NARS Velvet Matte (and Velvet Gloss) Lip Pencils are available at your local NARS counter, Sephora, and online. Each retails for $24.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...