Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 3: Lip Love - Protect with an SPF 15+ Lip Gloss

It's day 3 in our Lip Love series. Today we'll focus on the importance of adding a lip gloss with SPF 15+ to your lippie collection. Similar to finding your tried and true shade, you also need a versatile gloss that can protect your lips from the sun. It can carry you from season to season and be a staple in your purse or cosmetic bag.

Day 3...Protect Your Lips with an SPF 15+ Lip Gloss
Nine times out of 10, I'll opt for a gloss. My lips are usually dry and most glosses provide extra moisture and soothing properties than typical lip sticks. But I don't like to sacrifice sun protection or color payoff, especially when I'm on vacation and want to scale back on my number of lip products that I bring.

A good solid lip gloss should provide both of these features. If not, it's time to search for a new one. One of my new favorites is Chantecaille Lip Gloss SPF 15 in Dragonfruit (a coral peach shade). When applied, Dragonfruit feels just like my favorite lip balm. But it also delivers a nice punch of color that wears well, isn't too sticky, and without any glitter. I hate glitter in my gloss! Plus, it's fragrance free, so I don't have to worry about an annoying scent or aftertaste.

The only downer is that I do have to apply with a lip brush or use my finger. But it's lovely silver case makes up for that negative since it doubles as a compact so I don't have to carry a separate mirror. Plus, the container is loaded with product so I don't have to replace frequently.

It's those little perks that make this gloss worth the splurge!

Purchase info: Chantecaille Lip Gloss SPF 15 in Dragonfruit is available at Chantecaille counters and online. It retails for $30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...