Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 1: Lip Love - Get Primed & Ready!

Lip products are my favorite beauty items for brightening complexions and giving fresh new looks. This week I'll feature a new lip love each day. My goal is that you'll ditch that old lippie (you know...the one you've been wearing since college) and fall head over heels with a brand new lip love!


Day 1...Get Primed and Ready
It's essential to prime the lips before we do anything else. This key step conditions the lips and helps extend the wear of your lipstick or gloss. If I want my lip color to stay intact for several hours without feathering or bleeding outside of my lip lines, I'll reach for a lip primer such as Trish's Flawless Lip Primer. For me, Flawless Lip Primer works better than a regular lip balm. Why? It has a matte consistency that grabs the color and keeps everything from moving.

For best results, you need to apply a light layer of Flawless Lip Primer to naked lips and let it absorb for a minute or two. You'll know it's ready when the consistency changes from a regular lip balm feel to a slightly tackier feel. Then, apply your favorite lip product and go.

Since you only use a tiny amount for each application, the slender tube will last forever. I use mine almost daily and I'm still working through the original tube that I purchased two years ago!

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Flawless Lip Primer is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $26.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...