Friday, January 13, 2012

A Warm Bronzer for the Dead of Winter: Trish McEvoy Bronzer Golden

If you think bronzer should only be worn during the warm months, you need to change your ways! During January, I've relied on my trusty bronzer to warm up my pale winter face and take me from whoa to wow. (OK...my face is always pale, but it's even more so right now.)

While I own several different bronzer brands and shades in my collection, I've recently been reaching for Trish McEvoy Bronzer Golden. It's a sheer golden matte shade that is lighter than the others in my drawer. I find this hue is just right for winter when I'm the palest and don't want an over-the-top, unnatural glow. This time of year your bronzer should be warm in hue, but not cross into orange-tone territory or it will look like a bad fake tan. Keep it golden, light, and translucent.

Right now, I also prefer no extra sparkle in my bronzer since my blush has a bit of shimmer and I don't want the two to compete. (Conversely, if I'm using a matte blush I will opt for a bronzer with shimmer, such as Trish's Dual Resort Bronzer.)

In addition to its brilliant hue, Trish's Bronzer Golden applies so evenly and stays on throughout the day. I simply use the side of my brush to sweep color in a “C” shape from the widow’s peak, along the hairline and to the apple of the cheek. It blends to a perfection for the a natural winter glow.

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Bronzer Golden is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $32.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...