Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Primed to Pefection: Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Nude

I do not touch-up my eye makeup throughout the day. When I apply it in the AM, I expect it to last all day without creasing or dissipating into thin air. But I am also a realist who understands that using an eye shadow primer is essential to achieving this longevity makeup goal.

Over the years, I've tried numerous primers from the most popular brands to obscure ones available only through select retailers. From trial and error, my favorites are those that blend easily and closely match the color of my eyelid to cover darkness and any discoloration. Also, my eye primer must not be drying at all or it will make a flaking mess!

To date, Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials is the only eye primer that meets those objectives. It lays down beautifully and never interferes with my eye shadows. Yet, I always wished for a slightly better color match. Bare was pretty close, but a tad too orange when paired with my lighter shadows. Demure was spot on color wise, but it had a slight sparkle to it that wasn't always ideal especially if my eye shadow was metallic or shimmery. And her other shades were either too dark or light...sigh.

But her recent release of the Nude shade (as part of her Resort 2012 Collection) is now my perfect match. I received a "sneak" peek GWP sample in early December from my local counter and I've used it every day since. It's a bit lighter (and more yellow) than Bare. I also find it to be a bit creamier in texture than her other shades. And when applied it conceals everything!

For best results, I swipe two small horizontal stripes with the wand across my entire lid. I'll then pat softly and blend with Trish's Brush 40 Medium Laydown. You want to apply generously so that it covers the entire lid and try to get as close to your lash line as possible. It's that easy!

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Nude is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $25.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...