Friday, January 27, 2012

Beyond the Iconic Trench: Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation

When I think about Burberry, my mind immediately pictures a nicely structured, yet elegant, trench. Perhaps in a lovely shade of teal or maybe practical beige. Add some striped rain boots, and I'm ready for a London stroll in the rain. Back to reality...I live in Southern California and rain is rare in these neck of the woods. However, I can still appreciate some Burberry, but instead from the beauty department.

Recently, I visited the Burberry counter in Nordstrom South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA). We don't have a counter in San Diego county, so this was the closest one to me. I was extremely curious about trying Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation as I've heard nothing but positive feedback.

A friendly sales associate from another line offered to match me since the Burberry counter manager was not available. She automatically reached for Trench No. 3 — a light beige shade with peach undertones. Its peach undertones reminded me of Trish McEvoy's Treatment Foundation in Cream.

For the past week or so, I've been testing a store sample of No. 3 and experienced favorable results. On the skin, it was a tad dark, but it was very sheer and blendable and seemed to melt into my skin. I feared that it would oxidize to a darker hue with time, but it remained true to its original shade throughout the day. (Note, next time I'll try No. 4 as it seems more yellow and less peach, which might be a better match for me.)

I immediately loved how it hydrated my skin, similar to a moisturizer. What surprised me most was that even though the product is sheer, it is extremely buildable if I want more coverage. It also wore extremely well throughout the day although my t-zone did get slightly oily in the late afternoon. I found that a light dusting of powder after application took care of this issue.

Overall, it was quite lovely and a viable alternative to Chanel VITALUMIÈRE AQUA.

Purchase info: Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation is available at Burberry Beauty counters in 9 shades. It retails for $55.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...