Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review Deux: Josie Maran Argan Oil

It's rare for me to go back and write a second review of a product. But today I'm making the exception for Josie Maran Argan Oil, which I featured in September. In my original review, I touted the product's fine moisturizing properties for hair. Today, I'll focus on how well it's healing my dry, irritated skin.

Most folks get queasy when you mention using oil-based products on your face or body. Immediately, we all have visions of out-of-control acne, increased oil production, and other icky side effects at the mere thought of using anything with oil. But I've found through product experimentation that the right oils, when used properly, can produce the opposite effects — deep healing, nourishment, and even reduced scarring.

Over the past two months, I've been incorporating Josie Maran Argan Oil into my skin routine. This "liquid gold" product is all-natural, 100% organic, and chemical free with a high concentration in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It provides astonishing healing, conditioning, and anti-aging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.

More specifically, I've been using this Argan Oil to hydrate and heal my upper back area, which is extremely prone to breakouts. While I'm not acne prone on my face, my back is uber sensitive to laundry detergents, soap, and even sweat. If I don't shower immediately after working out, I'm doomed! For many years, I've used drying products to help eliminate spots. But over time these products completely dehydrated the area, and it was screaming for healing moisture.

Out of desperation, I tried using a light layer of Argan Oil on my back after my evening shower. I let it penetrate for several minutes on my skin before dressing just to ensure the product was working its magic and not transferring to my clothing.

After the first 10 days of use, my back was blemish free and I no longer felt any irritation. Seriously, it was like I turned back the clock 15 years and my skin was soft, smooth, and without any trace of acne. For the past month or so, I've continued to apply the product daily (or even twice daily) depending on the weather. We've had a recent cold, dry snap in our weather that has required me to add even more moisture!

Likewise, I'm also applying a small layer of Argan Oil underneath my facial moisturizer to increase my hydration level and avoid dry patches or other irritation. And still no breakouts or other nasty side effects!

If you're experiencing any skin irritation or blemishes, I'd recommend giving Josie Maran Argan Oil a try. Remember to go lightly at first so you don't make anything worse.

Purchase info: Josie Maran Argan Oil is available at Sephora and Josie Maran Cosmetics. Prices start at $14.00 for a 1/2 oz (at Sephora). I recommend starting with a smaller bottle to see if the product is right for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...