Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Favorite Beauty Products of 2011: Part 1 of 2

In late December, I love to look back and highlight my favorites items — those new-to-me products that I've incorporated into my current beauty routine. For the next several days, I will be featuring my favorites from 2011. You'll note that some are brand new products that entered the marketplace in 2011, while others are oldies that have been around for decades.


Eve Lom Cleanser: Ironically, this was the very first product that I reviewed in 2011. I had been on the lookout for a new facial cleanser, and this one wooed and won. It has both cleansing and gently exfoliating properties. Plus, it thoroughly removes my makeup and sunscreen so I don't need a separate cleanser for this task. It's also very travel friendly since the product's thick cream consistency can't easily escape its container. While it's price point may be a barrier to entry, you need to remember that it's a multi-tasker so it may replace two or three other products in your routine.

john masters organics citrus & neroli detangler: Technically, I tried this leave-in conditioner a few times in 2010. However, it wasn't until 2011 that I gave it a full run and reported that it had officially replaced my beloved Kiehl's Leave-in Conditioner that was discontinued. Throughout the year, I've consistently used this leave-in after every shampoo. It's super moisturizing, aromatic, and plays nicely with my other styling products. Sold!

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: Without a doubt, keeping my hands and cuticles moisturized is my toughest beauty challenge especially during the winter (and flu) months. Hand washing is a killer! But this lovely cream has been a life saver. It's waxy texture makes it more difficult to wash away, and I love its convenient tin packaging. I throw one in my purse, gym bag, car, etc. so I always have one with me.


Chanel VITALUMIÈRE AQUA: Chanel introduced this new foundation in 2011, and I started using it as soon as it became available. In fact, I was one of the first to be color matched (B10) at my local counter. Right away, I was impressed by it's feather light consistency that was unlike other foundations that I've tried. It had amazing staying power and the color was spot on. I've used in both dry and humid environments without any negative reactions. I've purchased my second bottle now, which is a first for me.

Neocutis JOURNÉE Bio-restorative Day Cream: If you haven't caught on, I love multi-taskers. And for years, I've been searching for a daytime moisturizer with a SPF 30. But I hit failure after failure, and I thought I never would find one that played nicely with my makeup, didn't cause irritation, and protected my skin from burning. Thanks to a recommendation from my esthetician, I finally hit the jackpot with JOURNÉE. I've repurchased several times now and it's carried me from season to season without a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...