Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Goof-Proof Makeup: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Now that my big holiday events are over the last thing I want to do is think about my makeup. Instead, it's time to lounge in my pjs, watch old movies, and just hang out with the family. But that doesn't mean I won't rely on an easy-to-use face enhancing product to still look my best!

After washing and moisturizing my face, I've been applying Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Nude shade) in place of my regular foundation. It's a sheer wash of color that adds a healthy glow along with the protection of SPF 20. It feels hydrating and just SO good on especially now as I'm recovering from a cold and my skin is dryer (and pastier) than normal.

I love that Laura's Tinted Moisturizer is so go-proof in its application. Use your fingers, sponge, or even a foundation brush. Really, you can't wrong in applying it as long as you're using the right shade. I can't overly emphasize the importance of getting matched correctly. You see...I was previously matched with Porcelain about four years ago. I tried using this shade several times, but it washed me out so much that I felt overly made up and totally unnatural. While others raved about its benefits, I couldn't understand its appeal.

However, my opinion changed recently when I received a GWP-side store sample in shade Nude. I was skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. Wow...it lightly covered my imperfections without feeling heavy or overly matte. For me, it's just right in both color and texture especially on those days when I don't need the coverage of a foundation or want to be bothered with its application.

Purchase info: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is available at Laura Mercier counters and Sephora. Prices vary. If you are color matched with either Nude or Sand, Sephora offers a to-go size (1.0 oz) for $19.50. It's a perfect trial size to see if this product works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...