Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Off-Topic Review: SALONPAS Pain Relief Patch

I don't usually stray off topic, but today I'm making an exception. Last weekend I was miserable thanks to some unknown shoulder inquiry. I don't remember doing anything out of the norm except for maybe doing an extra set of weights in my interval training. I was in utter pain and nothing was making me feel better. For two days, I had suffered and the pain seemed to be getting worse.

However, I remembered that I had received a package of SALONPAS pain patches in my goody bag from my spring 5k run. I had completely forgotten about them until this point. Out of desperation, I broke open the package and applied the pain patch to my shoulder. The patch is made of a super thin stretchy material that smells very menthol similar to Icy Hot. Not my favorite fragrance note, but it could have been worse. Upon application, the area around my shoulder turned immediately warm. This sensation subsided after 10 minutes or so. For best results, the directions said to leave the patch intact for 12 hours.

After 12 hours, I took the patch off and soaked in a warm bath. Per the directions, I applied my second patch but made an adjustment to its position so that it was closer to my shoulder blade. My husband helped me since it was a difficult spot to reach. When I removed the second patch, I noticed that the injured area was feeling significantly better. I had nearly pain-free rotation of my shoulder and the throbbing pain was almost gone. Since I had one more sample left, I applied it and left it on for the rest of the day.

When I removed the third patch, my shoulder pain was gone. No soreness, stiffness, just pain free! Now I wasn't going to push my luck and lift weights; however, I felt relatively back to normal. Ahh!

Purchase info: SALONPAS Pain Relief Patch is available at most drugstores, including online retailers such as Drugstore.com. A package of five patches retails for approximately $7.99. Note, once you've opened the sealed package it is recommended to use all of the patches within 14 days. Always read directions before applying. For more product details, consult the SALONPAS web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...