Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My New Hair Healer: Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment

I treat my curly locks with tender loving care. No heat. Minimal washing with sulfate-free shampoos. Frequent deep conditioning and regular trims. But it is still prone to damage, dryness, and loss of shine. I blame it on the curls! (The every other month color treatment doesn't help, either.) What I would do to get that virgin hair from my early childhood!

Well...I can't turn back the clock, but I can try to undo some of the dryness and damage. For the last several weeks, I've been experimenting with Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment — an intensive weekly treatment that nourishes each strand, increasing strength and manageability.

According to the company, Restore Mask Treatment is designed to restore the protective layer on dry or damaged hair and reduce hair's porosity by 100%. Restore makes dry or damaged hair look, feel, and behave like virgin hair and increases hair's resistance to breakage up to nine times while healing, protecting, and preventing further damage.

What's my take? I used Restore Mask Treatment several days after my last color treatment. Usually my hair feels extremely soft after coloring since the hair coloring process (aka chemicals) closes the hair cuticle and makes it less prone to dryness and frizz. However, this time my hair felt like straw with tangles underneath. So...three days after my color treatment I washed my hair and followed with a generous dollop of Restore Mask Treatment. I left it on for five minutes and rinsed. Then, I used my leave-in conditioner and regular styling products. The end result: shiny, soft, frizz-free hair. In fact, I've went three days without washing and my hair looked (and felt) amazing. A week later I repeated the treatment and my hair looked even better.

While I'm still experimenting with the product, I'm impressed with its positive results so far. Virgin hair? Well...pretty darn close!

Purchase info: Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment is available at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and online. It retails for $42.00 (8 oz jar).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...