Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Recap: Use It Up Product Challenge

Another month gone along with 77 products (year to date). When I started this personal use-it-up product challenge at the beginning of the year, I had no idea what to expect. While the total number seems high, I'm still amazed how rarely I finish up eye shadows, blushes, and lip products. I guess I've discovered my weakness!

Here is this month's recap...

Week of September 26th:
  • Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Mascara: How is it that I haven't written a review of one of my all-time favorite mascaras? It's now on my October to-do list. (Backup: I always keep extras on hand since I usually buy mascara when Nordstrom is doing it's twice annual buy 2, get 1 free offers.)
Week of September 19th: 
  • Matrix Biolage hydrathérapie Conditioning Balm: This conditioner is still a winner in my book. (Review June 2010, Mention Dec. 2010). I picked it up on vacation in June 2010 and I'm still pretty much using Conditioning Balm exclusively even after the formula changed. (Repurchase: I plan to buy another one today!) 
  • Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials (Sheer Gold shade): I use one of Trish's Eye Bases on a daily basis. While Demure is my very favorite shade, Sheer Gold is a nice substitute when I want something with a little more warmth and sparkle. The only challenge is that this shade doesn't seem to be as creamy in texture and takes a little more patience to apply. (Backup: I bought one several months ago when I need an extra item to quality for free shipping.)
  • John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler: This is my go-to, leave-in conditioner that replaced my beloved, and discontinued, Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner (Review January 2011). And, I think I love this one even more. (Repurchase: I tried to find it at my usual place, but they were out. I purchased a similar John Master's product, Rosemary & Peppermint Detangler, which is supposed to be comparable but in a different scent. We'll see if it stacks up!)
  • LaLicious Sugar Soufflé Scrub (in Sugar): I forgot how awesome this scrub was (Review April 2009). I've been rotating in other ones for the past year or so and finally returned to LaLicious. (Repurchase: Yes. I bought another one, but in Coconut Cream.)
Weeks: September 12th & September 5th 
  • Lancôme 'Le Crayon Poudre' Brow Powder Pencil: I've been using this brow pencil on and off for a year or so (Review July 2010), but I've moved on. (Skip: I much prefer Bobbi Brown's Brow Pencil. I'll continue to use this item from my stash.)
  • Trish McEvoy Even Skin Beta Hydroxy Pads: I feel like I'm constantly reporting this item. I use one of these pads daily to wipe away the dead skin and give me a smoother complexion (Review January 2011). So...it's like clockwork that I'm buying every 40 days since there are 40 pads in a container! (Repurchase: Done! I bought two boxes yesterday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...