Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not My Perfect Match: Chanel PERFECTION LUMIÈRE Foundation

I've been on a lucky streak with Chanel foundations and concealers, so I couldn't wait to try the company's newest foundation — Chanel PERFECTION LUMIÈRE. This oil-free, long-lasting foundation is a replacement of PRO LUMIÈRE and provides fuller (and more matte) coverage than VITALUMIÈRE AQUA, which has been my favorite formula to date.

Unlike some of Chanel's other foundation formulas with limited shade availability, PERFECTION LUMIÈRE comes in 20 different shades, providing color matches for those with both fair and dark complexions. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. The makeup artist at my local Chanel counter matched me as Beige Rose 12, which was way too pink for my complexion. It made my skin look ruddy, and it seemed to get even pinker with time. I initially thought that Beige 10 would be perfect since it was the same shade that I use in VITALUMIÈRE AQUA, but it was too yellow. My best match would probably be a combination of the two shades.

With the exception of the color match, how did it wear? Honestly, I wasn't impressed. It went on extremely thick and I felt very "made up." This formula might work for a photo shoot or special occasion where you might want fuller coverage, but for me it's very unnatural for daytime use. However, I did notice that my blush stayed put all day. It really provided a good base for keeping my other makeup intact.

While it is designed for all skin types, I felt it to be drying on my normal-to-dry complexion. But to be fair, I did wear it on a weekend that was dry and windy, so my complexion may have been drier than normal.

All in all, PERFECTION LUMIÈRE did stay put all day. However, it just wasn't a good match for me. But like anything, foundation is very personal. You need to experiment and use what works best for you! Here's another formula that you may want to try.

Purchase info: Chanel PERFECTION LUMIÈRE is available at Chanel counters and online. It retails for $55.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...