Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Undereye Magic Wand: Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer

Finding the right under-eye concealer can be a quest of a lifetime. Seriously, it's taken me years to find a match in both color and consistency that reacts favorably on my skin. And just when I think I've found the right one, something evil happens. But not this time...fingers crossed!

Last spring when I started wearing Chanel VITALUMIÈRE AQUA foundation, I started visiting Chanel counters more frequently. I've always been a Chanel lurker, but honestly I wasn't too familiar with their makeup products other than nail polish. During one visit, I noticed Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer, a wand-style concealer positioned right next to the foundations. I picked up one of the lighter shades, Beige Ivoire 10, and tested it on the back of my shade. Immediately, I liked its light-weight consistency and smooth texture.

Correcteur Perfection reminded me of Trish McEvoy's Flawless Concealer, which has always worked well on my skin, although I don't feel my shade (Shade 2) was the best match. When I wore VITALUMIÈRE AQUA with the Trish's Flawless Concealer, I could see a faint line where the concealer and foundation overlapped. Personally, I needed a bit more yellow tones in my concealer and it could be a tad lighter. Also, Flawless Concealer didn't always stay intact all day. There were days when I often needed a touch-up by late afternoon.

When I applied Correcteur Perfection to my under-eye area, it blended easily without any lines of demarcation between it and my foundation. And there was no need to set with powder or follow up with any other product (e.g. color corrector, highlighter, etc.). It looked like it was a custom blend for me! Yet before purchasing, I took it for a test drive for the rest of the day. It wore brilliantly. It didn't cake or flake! Also, my under-eye area was nicely hydrated, but not oily.

Yes, I was sold! I've now worn Correcteur Perfection throughout the warm summer months and into early fall. And it's worked equally well for both humid and dry days. For best results, I apply several small dots with the wand and then blend with Trish's The Point brush. If I'm in a hurry, I can also blend it with my fingertips. However, I do prefer the brush as I can get closer to my lash line.

Purchase info: Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer is available in 6 shades at Chanel counters and online. It retails for $40.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...