Friday, September 2, 2011

My Happy-Face Duo for Longer-Lasting Makeup Wear

I have normal to dry skin that is prone to sensitivities. While I experiment with my eye makeup and lip products, I do try to minimize the layers of facial products — primers, illuminators, foundation, powder, etc. This way if I do have a problem it's easy (well...easier) to pinpoint the culprit.

The drawback to my minimalist approach is that my facial makeup (foundation, concealer, blush) doesn't always stay intact all day. By late afternoon, it's starting to fade. I mentioned this concern to a makeup counter manager at my local Nordstrom, and she pointed me to Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder. It's an invisible powder that is designed to flawlessly set makeup for all-day wear. And it is intended for all skin tones and types.

I initially cringed as most powders tend to get cakey and powdery on my skin, and bring attention to my drier spots. However, I decided to give it a whirl and oh what a difference it has made!

I apply Invisible Loose Setting Powder after my foundation and concealer. A little goes a long way with this powder, so you want to apply very, very lightly. I find that Trish McEvoy's Brush 62 Fan is the ideal tool for dispensing this invisible veil of powder. (Likewise, Laura Mercier makes a fan powder brush.) I gently dip my brush into the powder, tap off the excess, and then sweep over my t-zone and cheeks. If I apply too much, I'll go over the area with a large powder puff to remove any excess. Once I'm done, I then move on to blush and/or bronzer.

My happy-face benefits to Invisible Loose Setting Powder:
  • Makeup lasts much longer especially in warm and humid conditions
  • It wears "invisibly" without feeling cakey or dry
  • Skin feels smooth and soft
  • Very few ingredients to cause potential irritation (Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica)
  • Paraben-free, talc-free, oil-free
Purchase info: Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder is available at local Laura counters and online. It retails for $34.00 (huge jar!). Trish McEvoy Brush 62 Fan is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $36.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...