Monday, September 12, 2011

Easy, Effortless Brows: Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil

My beauty confession...I neglected my brows for nearly 30 years. While I have been very particular about the rest of my makeup, I just never quite understood the purpose of brow products. However, when I hit my thirties everything changed. (I'm sure it had something to do with my first eyebrow wax where an inexperienced technician nearly left me bald.)

Now I was suddenly very much aware of my sparse brow hair and needed a natural fix. Over the years, I've experimented with different types of products — pencils, powders, and gels — and was challenged to find the right shade that flattered my skin and hair color AND the right product consistency that stayed put all day. I'm fair with light/medium brown hair that often has auburn highlights. I've usually been recommended products that are way too dark for my complexion. And I looked exactly like Bert from Sesame Street.

I usually prefer using a matte brown powder eyeshadow for this task as it's easier to blend, there are more shades to choose from, and the overall effect is more natural. But most eye shadows are not long lasting, and I find traces of the color migrating onto my upper eye area. Not pretty!

My most recent brow discovery was Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil in Grey. This is a softy creamy pencil that gives the look of powder, but with the precision of a pencil. It's super long lasting and never requires touch-ups during the day. And while the color is called Grey, it's really a lighter brown with neutral hues. I think this shade would work well for most lighter brunettes (cool and warm tones) who want to avoid the overly painted look of brows that are too dark. In general, you should use a brow color that is one shade lighter than your hair for the "My Brows But Better" look.

Purchase info: Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil is available at Bobbi counters and online. It retails for $20.00 and is available in 5 shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...