Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Effortless Eyeliner: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour

Makeup application is not meant to be rocket science. It should be quick, easy, and complementary to your natural beauty. When I find a product that helps me do that AND get out the door even faster, I'm all over it!

One of my recent eye makeup finds is Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eye Colour. This product is a creamy formula eye color pencil that is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant. It can be used as a smoky liner or applied over the eyelid for a more dramatic look. I'm preferring to use it as a liner for my everyday look.

The Caviar Stick is very reminiscent of Trish McEvoy's 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner, one of my all-time favorite eye products, that stays put longer that anything else I've tried. In contrast, I find that Laura's formula is more buttery, super blendable, and glides across the eye even easier. With that said, I've had to use lighter pressure than with Trish's product otherwise I go overboard. I also find the Caviar Stick has a richer pigment so it requires less product for the same effect.

Plus, it does take a little longer to dry than Trish's, so you can easily sweep a brush through to blend out more if needed. Sometimes Trish's liner dries so quickly that you don't have time to blend.

So how does it hold up during the day? Not bad. It stays put for a good 6 to 8 hours even during humidity (and my last workout) with little wear.  But if you're wanting a longer lasting formula, Trish's product wins in this camp. I can apply it in the morning and it doesn't move until I remove it at night. I tend to have watery eyes and wear contacts, so I may not be the best judge.

I purchased the color, Smoke, a charcoal shade with silver pearl. There are 7 other color choices, so there should be a perfect shade (or two) for most individuals.

All in all, it's a creamy, effortless liner that will be a great addition to your fall makeup wardrobe.

Purchase info: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour is available at Laura Mercier counters, Sephora, and online. It retails for $24.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...