Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Conversation-Starter Scent: Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud

A remarkable scent can stop even strangers in their tracks. I witnessed this truth last month on the first day I wore Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud. I was given a test spray at my local counter. I had no intention of purchasing, but I thought I'd be polite to the makeup artist who gave me the complimentary spritz.

Not even 15 minutes passed and I was stopped by a stranger in the Nordstrom shoe department inquiring about the scent. I pointed her to the Trish counter and she made a beeline. Later I was grabbing coffee in the food court, and I was asked again. What this a complete coincidence, or did I hit the jackpot with a new signature scent? When I arrived home, my husband even commented on the scent, "Wow, you smell good!" This is a rare moment in our household as my husband's sense of smell is horrendous. There could be a decaying body in the room and he wouldn't be able to detect it.

This series of events convinced me that Black Rose Oud was intended for me. And yes, I drove back to the mall the next day and purchased!

Black Rose Oud is unlike most rose fragrances, which I typically loathe. (It's a rose thing.) Instead, Black Rose Oud infuses a blend of exotic spices and sensual woods that I find downplay the floral notes of the rose. It's sweeter with lingering bits of cedar and maybe even leather. Normally I associate those notes with men's fragrance, but this one is definitely feminine. And to switch it up, I'll wear Black Rose Oud layered over Trish's No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk for yet a different combination.

One of the instant attractions to this scent was its longevity. Most perfumes, including Trish's other fragrances, do not last more than a hour or two on my skin. But this one lingers on and on for the entire day. In fact, I'll open my closet and still smell it on my clothes several days later.

While this is a splurge-worthy scent, it's completely worth it!

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $185.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...