Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Recap: Use It Up Products

I haven't posted my completed products for several weeks now. Not much to report as I'm still plowing through my stuff. However, here is my usage recap for the entire month of August. Eight more products to add to this year's list!

Week of August 22 & 29:
  • Trish McEvoy Eye Definer Pencil (Antique Silver): I used this one all the way down until I could no longer sharpen it! (Skip: It's very similar in shade to Trish's 24-Hour Shadow and Liner in Crystal Gray. Plus, I prefer a liner that doesn't need to be sharpened.)
Week of August 15: 
  • Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaning Spray: I've tried a few other brush cleaning sprays, but I faithfully return to Bobbi every time (Review January 2010). Plus, it's alcohol free so I never have to worry about it destroying my high-end natural hair brushes. I used to go through a can of this spray almost monthly, but I found that it goes further if I don't use this product to clean my foundation brush. Instead, I rinse my brush out at the sink with water or use a shampoo-style cleaner to remove all the gunk. (Repurchase: By all means!)
Week of August 8th: 
  • Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish: This is one of those luxurious, and pricy, body scrubs that I buy maybe once a year when I need a special treat. While I could use it all the time, I can't justify its price tag right now especially when I finish off one container in less than 6 weeks. (Skip: I have another scrub that I plan to use.)
  • Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum: I've been using this serum nearly exclusively since 2009 as part of my morning routine (Review October 2009). (Skip: I've decided to take a break from a facial serum thanks to the prompting of the TODAY segment. I have a sample of another brand that I may test in a week or two. But for now I'll be going serum-free!)
  • Caudalie Cleansing Water: I actually finished up this item several weeks ago, but forgot to add it to the list! Like Trish's serum, this item has also been a staple for more than a year (Review June 2009). (Replacement: I'm now using Bioderma's Crealine H2O Miscellar Solution that I purchased in France. To make it last even longer, I've decanted the product into one of Sephora's flip top bottles so that I can use each and every ounce of product. 
Week of August 1st: 
  • REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask: This facial mask is still a holy grail contender for me (Review January 2010). I use it weekly for gentle, but deep exfoliation and an all-over glow. (Backup: I purchased a bottle during a recent 20% off sale.)
  • Neocutis LUMIÈRE Bio-restorative Eye Cream: I started using this eye cream at the beginning of year, and it's probably the only eye product I've ever used up completely (Review February 2011). I'm so fickle with eye creams — always on the lookout for something even better — but this one reeled me in. (Skip: I have several GWP-sized samples of a few others that I should try. However, I have a strong feeling that I'll be purchasing another LUMIÈRE in the near future.
  • Trish McEvoy Even Skin Beta Hydroxy Pads: I use one of these pads daily to wipe away the dead skin and give me a smoother complexion (Review January 2011). So...it's like clockwork that I'm restocking every 40 days since there are 40 pads in a container! (Repurchase: Done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...