Monday, July 11, 2011

The Mini-Skincare Multitasker for Your Handbag: Trish McEvoy Luxe Moisture Balm SPF 15

This summer I've packed away my suitcase-sized handbags in favor of a small cross-body bag. It's so much lighter and my back is thanking me for the relief! As a result, I've had to drastically limit the number of items in my handbag, especially all of those duplicate skincare and cosmetic products. To make this transition easier, I'm relying more on multipurpose items. One of my current favorites is Trish McEvoy's Luxe Moisture Balm SPF 15 — a highly-concentrated stick wonder balm that fits nicely in my bag's side pocket.

I initially purchased Luxe Moisture Balm as a lip treatment. However, I found that I had a hard time tolerating it on my lips since it tasted terrible. (I know. You shouldn't be licking your lip products!) I shelved the product for a while, but picked it up again when I needed some instant relief for my cuticles. It's super moisturizing and my cuticles never felt better.

It was at this point that I saw the SPF 15 printed on the tube. And, the light bulb went on! I immediately started using it on the backs of my hands since this is one area that I always forget to apply sunscreen. It glides on easily (even while driving...no lectures please) without getting the rest of your hands sticky. And because it is tackier in consistency, the product seems to last much longer than other sunscreen formulas.

I've also used it as a sunscreen on my hair part, under eyes, and tops of my ears. Even with all of this usage, the balm looks nearly brand new. At this rate, I'll still be on tube #1 this time next year.

Purchase info: Trish McEvoy Luxe Moisturizing Balm SPF 15 is available at Trish counters and online. It retails for $28.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...