Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Recap: Use It Up Product Challenge

Where did July go? Seriously...I feel like summer just started, especially here in SoCal where we've had a very mild summer. And, I'm not quite ready yet to begin facing all of the fall clothes, makeup palettes, etc. Will somebody please turn back the calendar and bring me back my summer? Thank you!

Off my soapbox...and back on topic. Here's to another month of using up my stuff. If you haven't been following my blog, I've been tracking my product usage since the first of the year. To date, I've completely used a grand total of 62 items. Yikes...

Week of July 25th:
  • Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 PA+++: This is still my family's sunscreen of choice for those days when you'll get serious rays (Review Aug. 2010). We love its non-greasy consistency without white residue or shine. (Repurchase: I bought a new bottle last weekend.)
  • Neocutis JOURNÉE Bio-restorative Day Cream: This is my go-to sunscreen (SPF 30) and moisturizer for the other days — those when I'm mostly indoors or getting very minimal sun exposure (Review Apr. 2011). (Backup: I bought an extra bottle several weeks ago when it was on sale!)
  • Trish McEvoy Liquid Face Color: This is an unusual liquid blush/tint product that I rediscovered in my own stash (Review Mar 2009). I purchased it more than two years ago and used it off and on. But I brought it back to life by finding a new use! I've been mixing it with Trish's Bronze Lumizer (a liquid bronzer pen) for my own custom blush color. It's a brilliant find! (Backup: I must have purchased an extra one at some point in time as I found an unopened box in my drawer.)
Week of July 18th: 
  • Laura Mercier Crème de Pistache Honey Bath: I've been rotating one of the honey baths for the past year or so (Review Mar. 2010). By far, pistache is my favorite scent! (Skip: I'll hold off from repurchasing until I finish some other bubble bath products.)
  • L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil: My shaving staple that has recently been adopted by my husband (Review Nov. 2009, Mention July 2011). (Repurchase: Done! I purchased the big monster bottle when L'Occitane was doing a summer promotion.)
  • Sonya Dakar Daily Wash: This has been a lifesaver for back breakouts (Review: Jan. 2011). I've tried similar products, but nothing works quite as well. (Repurchase: I ordered a new bottle from DermStore this week.)
  • Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant Advanced Solid (Sensitive Skin version): It's the best in class (Review Nov. 2010)! I've been very impressed with this deodorant since I started using it last fall. (Repurchase: Done.)
Week of July 4th & Week of July 11th: 
  • Kiehl's Creme de Corps: This is my all-time favorite body moisturizer (Review April 2009). As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I typically buy it in the liter size bottle and this will usually last for six to seven months. However, my husband is using it more frequently, so I may need to restock more frequently. (Repurchase: I bought this last week as part of my early-access Nordstrom Anniversary sale purchase.)
  • Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials (Demure shade): Here's another favorite stash item that surpasses any other eye shadow primer I've tried (Review March 2010). The Demure shade is a perfect match for my lid with a little bit of sparkle. (Use spare: I always keep a back up just in case!)
  • Yes To Cucumbers On The Go Facial Towelettes: I got hooked on these makeup up wipes during my trip to France and Belgium (Review May 2011). However, now that I'm back home I don't reach for them too often. It's just as easy for me to use makeup remover and a cotton pad when I'm not on the road. (Skip: I'll repurchase again when I go on my next vacation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...