Thursday, July 14, 2011

Borrowed Beauty Goods: A Few of My Husband's Favorites


Most husbands and significant others will never admit that they "borrow" your beauty and skincare items. But it doesn't take a detective for us to discover that our precious items have been consumed by others from time to time. After careful observation, I've noticed that my husband frequently uses these items from my stash:
  1. Bond No. 9 New York Wall Street: This baby was my first luxury perfume purchase from the Bond No. 9 flagship store. While I loved its marine and herbal notes, Wall Street was just way too masculine for me. I'm so glad it found a new home! Now I can enjoy it on my favorite guy. (Available at Bond No. 9 stores, Saks, select Nordstrom stores, and niche fragrance boutiques. Prices start at $160.00)
  2. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15: This one surprised me the most. I couldn't believe it when I found my tube in his jeans pocket! Thankfully I discovered it before I washed the jeans. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is a super hydrating lip balm with a yummy sugar scent. Glad he has such good taste in lip products. (Available at Fresh stores, Sephora, and select department stores for $22.50.)
  3. 3 Venus Sensitive Disposable Razor: This is so wrong in many ways...but he keeps stealing my razor. After I caught him in the act, I told him he'd get a closer shaver if he used item #4 in this post. (Available at mass retailers, grocery stores, Costco, etc. Shop around for best deals.)
  4. L'Ocittane Shower Oil: This rich shower oil is my secret weapon for getting the best nick-free shave. Now my husband can reap the same benefits! (Available at L'Ocittane stores, Nordstrom, Sephora, and other niche skincare establishments for $24.00.)
  5. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 PA+++: I couldn't be happier that my husband is FINALLY using sunscreen. He's an avid cyclist and he needs a heavy-duty product that doesn't need frequent application. This one does the job without the burn! (Available at Shiseido counters, Sephora, etc. for $39.00.)
  6. Kiehl's Creme de Corps: This is the Cadillac of body lotions. Men especially like it because it is free of foo-foo feminine scents and sinks into the skin quickly. (Available at Kiehl's stores and counters. Prices start at $10.00. We buy the liter bottle and it lasts 6-7 months.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...