Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Nails But Better (MNBB): butter LONDON Pink Ribbon 3-free Lacquer

Some gals search high and low for their MLBB (my lips but better) lippie. Not me; I've been on the hunt for MNBB (my nails but better) polish. It's for those weeks when I want a low-maintenance and very natural look without shimmer or frost. But finding the right nude colored polish is harder than I expected.

First, you have to find the right shade for your skin tone. My skin is almost dead-center neutral, so I don't want an extremely cool pink or uber warm peach. And because I'm fair, I need a light shade. However, it can't be too white or it will look chalky on my fingers.

Second, it needs to apply streak free. I didn't realize how messy nude, opaque polishes can be. I don't know if it's the dyes in these shades or what. But I had a hard time finding one that applied smoothly with no more than two coats required.

Drum roll please...my MNBB pick is butter LONDON Pink Ribbon 3-free Lacquer. And funny enough, it's been sitting in my makeup drawer for nearly nine months. I picked it up when one of my local beauty boutiques was moving and they were discounting their polishes. I remember trying it once last fall, but it didn't make a memorable impression at this time.

But when I tried the polish again this spring...I was wowed! Following a good base coat, this polish slides on effortlessly. And, no streaks and very even pigment. It also holds up well on my hands with minimal chipping and wear. Right now my manicure is on day five and there's only one nail with a bit of tip wear.

Right now I'm using Deborah Lippman's top and base coats with Pink Ribbon. However, I would also like to experiment with butter LONDON's versions to see how they compare. Often I find you need to play around with your top and base coats to get the best polish application and wear. Stay tuned...I'll get back to you with my results.

Purchase info: butter LONDON Pink Ribbon 3-free Lacquer is available at select beauty boutiques, Ulta, and butter LONDON.com. It retails for $14.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...