Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Most Precise Mascara: Chanel Sublime de Chanel Mascara

Applying mascara is an acquired skill. Some of us are quick learners; others (like myself) take years to get it right. But it also helps if you start with a high-quality mascara, and an uber light coat of product on the wand. If there's too much junk on the brush, you'll end up with an under-eye mess!

I usually just wipe my mascara wand with a tissue to remove the excess product. However, I don't have to do this anymore thanks to Chanel Sublime de Chanel Mascara. I discovered this clever product in France during my spring trip.

What sets this mascara apart from others is its brush, or, more precisely, its comb applicator. Its tiny finger-like bristles allow you to coat every single lash from root to tips. It's SO easy to get it right every time without going overboard.

And it both lengthens and curls in one coat! I find it rare to get both in a single formula. Usually you have to choose one or the other. Or, use two separate products. Ugh...

The mascara itself is more wet in consistency than my tubing-style mascara. But it dries very quickly and there are zero clumps. Yes, that's right! You can throw away your trusty lash comb since it's already built into the wand.

By only complaint is that I do get some under-eye smudges by end of day.

Purchase info: Right now Sublime de Chanel Mascara is not available in the U.S. My understanding is that it will be introduced later this summer or early fall. But here's an introductory video, if you want to get a preview before it launches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...