Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Facial Cleansing Mishap: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

I should know better...don't mess with something that's not broken. This is especially the case when you have sensitive skin and are experimenting with new skin care products. But you only live once...right?

Last week I tried a new-to-me cleanser, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. This award-winning, plant-based product has been catching my eye for quite a while, and I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to my beloved Eve Lom Cleanser (see review). Wrong.

Similar to the Eve Lom product, Cleanse & Polish is a two-phase facial cleanser that pairs cleansing with a muslin cloth exfoliation. However, this is the only similarity.

First, Cleanse & Polish is more of a cream-based cleanser and Eve Lom Cleanser is oil-based product, my personal preference. Second, Cleanse & Polish wreaks heavily of eucalyptus oil, which irritated my eyes. Therefore, I had to avoid using near my eyes and then needed a separate eye makeup remover, which was another step for me. Third, my face felt overly cleansed and I detected a few dry skin patches that I didn't have before cleansing. Fourth, I broke out on my cheeks and under-eye areas, two spots where I never get blemishes. Obviously, this product was not for me!

The good news is that is soon as I returned to my regular cleanser, the problems immediately reversed! To me, that's a clear sign that something was amiss.

What about you? If you've tried Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, I'd love to hear your story. Drop me a line in the comments box.

Purchase info: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is available online. Prices start at $24.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...