Friday, May 13, 2011

Reflection: Essential Travel Makeup for 17 Days in Europe!

I don't usually post photos of myself (or my family)...yes, we're camera shy. However, I'm posting a photo today to illustrate the point that when on vacation you need a very, easy makeup routine that you are comfortable with especially since you'll be taking many photos! And, bring only the basics when it comes to packing your products. This tip is super critical if you are traveling light via carry-on luggage only.

When we traveled to France and Belgium in April, I vowed that I would only bring one small makeup bag — Trish McEvoy Petite Makeup Planner (see previous post). This required careful planning to ensure that I didn't overpack and could easily navigate through airports and train stations.


Trish Petite Makeup Planner (Limited Edition, Purchased in Feb. 2011).














Individual makeup items that I brought.























Here were my essentials...
  1. Page with 4 eye shadows and 1 blush: One Trish McEvoy petite makeup pages holds these items. (The pages are magnetic allowing you to create your own custom palette.)
  2. Eyeliner: Trish McEvoy 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner in Crystal Gray (see previous post). This liner is industrial-proof and will stay put all day!
  3. Eye shadow primer: Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials in Demure (see previous post). This must-have travel item ensures my shadows don't crease.
  4. Mascara: A mini-sized Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara. I also purchased a full-sized Chanel mascara on my trip that is not pictured.
  5. Eye brow enhancer: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Fix (see previous post).
  6. Foundation: Chanel Vitalumiere in B10 (see previous post). This was the perfect vacation foundation. It's light, easily blendable, and is contained in a plastic, leak-proof bottle. Plus, you don't need a brush or sponge to apply.
  7. Concealer: Trish McEvoy Flawless Concealer in Shade 2.
  8. Powder: Trish McEvoy Translucent Finishing Powder (see previous post). I haven't been setting my makeup with powder, but I brought this one just in case. I used it on days when the weather was warmer and more humid.
  9. Bronzer/Highlighter: Trish McEvoy Allover Face Highlighter in Capri. Both the powder and highlighter fit into a double-sided compact.
  10. Lipsticks: Lancôme 'L'Absolu' Rouge in Rose Divine (see previous post).
  11. Lipstick: Trish McEvoy Sheer Lip Color in Florence.
  12. Lip gloss: Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster SPF 15 Gloss in Sexy Peach.
    I also tossed one item, Trish McEvoy Luminzer (not pictured), along the way. For some reason, the click pen dispenser was clogged and the product consistency was not right. I pitched it on day two since I didn't want to carry something unusable. Plus, it gave me room for my new mascara.



















    One confession...I couldn't leave my precious Trish Classic Collection Brush Set (see previous post) at home. I probably did not need to bring all of these brushes, but since they have their own smallish container (and it's light), I brought the entire set! Husband rolled his eyes on this vanity item.

    Any regrets? I would have loved to bring a brow pencil (with color) or powder. I forgot to bring a neutral shadow that could double as a brow filler.

    Overall, I was very pleased with my choices. What about you? Any must-have makeup items for an extended trip? Share your tips in the comments box.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...